Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The Greatest

Muhammad Ali came out, and he got a pop that blew everyone away. Ali has a certain air about him, a sort of primordial peremptory authority. He stands out on a field full of all stars.

First good crowd quote...."Watch Ali hit Piazza with the ceremonioal pitch.'

Derek Jeter spoke with him, then called all the stars to sort of conglomerate around the man. It was really cute. Men turn to boys when Ali is nearby...even kids who weren't born when he was last fighting. I never saw him fight, but I would still faint if I met him. He's simply that kind of guy, and I don't care who's syndrome he has.

A funny thing about Ali.....He's a guy who has Parkinson's Syndrome....but he could still kick your ass. He was throwing a few play punches, and he still has remarkable hand speed. I wouldn't mess with him.

We got denied on attempt #1 at getting up front. We will try again. We have not yet begun to fight.

No comments: