Tuesday, July 13, 2004

and that's the ball game....

Gagne, which means "to win" in French, enters the game with a 5 run deficit. Closers hate that duty, but Abe Lincoln didn't run from some unpleasant work....and neither should men who wear Abe's beard. Throw a stovepipe hat on him, and freed slave descendants would hug him in the street.

I left before the bottom of the 9th. I'm too pregnant to fight through that crowd twice in a night....especially when someone has been feeding the crowd beer all night. Texas is a big state, with well-spaced cities....I'm sure there are several thousand 12 hour drunks with 4 hour rides home. I'm glad my hotel room is on the 10th floor.

When we were sneaking down front, I think I saw Dr. Phil. I called my husband to tell him...and he tells me Jessica Simpson just checked into our hotel. I got out-celebritied.

I'm pooped. so I'll tell you more tomorrow. I had a wonderful time, and I want to thank Jamie and everyone at AOL and the Hotel Derek.

MUAHHHHHHHH

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you won.  What memories you will have to share later on in life.  And Ali?  That alone would have made my trip well worth it.  Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Stacey, you ROCK!  Your comments were intelligent, hilarious and informative all at the same time.  Nice job!  
Go Sox!!

Anonymous said...

what are you doing ? stay home and take of your baby instead of pretending to be a sports reporter!

Anonymous said...

I made $500....I actually AM taking care of the baby

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Congrats on the trip ! I can see you had a good time. And yes, it was sweeeeet seeing Roger get lit up. Rock on Stacie !

Anonymous said...

I've seen rugs beaten less