Saturday, March 12, 2005

Ahhht

   Sorry about the strange title. That is how one pronounces "art" in Massachusetts. We drop the "r" sounds that are sent down to Texas, and put into words like "wash."  

   Sports have never been a player when it comes to being the subject of great art. I dug around a bit, and this is what I came up with:

 

Click to view full-sized image

Jockeys Before A Race, Edgar Degas

 

The Fisherman, George Bellows

 

 

Bullfight, Pablo Picasso (although only five foot three, girls could not resist his stare...subsequently, Pablo Picasso was never called an asso'...)

 

Munich Olympic Games, 1971 by Jacob Lawrence

Munich Olympics Poster, Jacob Lawerence

 

Bottom Of The Sixth, Norman Rockwell (Mickey Mantle later did his work, The Bottom Of The Fifth, as a sort of tribute)

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog!  I'm not much into sports, but I will try to get back to yours whenever you update!  I do like the previous post though, with term paper topics.  Very funny!
Gina :~)  

Anonymous said...

This blog is a nice touch, I thought of Rockwell at the beginning, then you mentioned him at the end, but no pic.

Anonymous said...

LOL, shame on you Monponsett ;>)

Anonymous said...

The error has been fixed, and Rockwell is duly represented.

Anonymous said...

Art represents life, sports life too~ I just love Jockeys Before A Race, Edgar Degas
Keep you chin up, Great journal ~ creative ~ Good luck~