Monday, December 26, 2005

Fun With Animals

 

Fishers making a Cape comeback (December 26, 2005)

   I love animals. I like cute ones... but I also love ones that just may kill you if given the chance. It is the chief engine behind my enjoyment of suburban Massachusetts- unless some wayward shark ends up in my little bay, my chances of encountering anything meaner than a snapping turtle are pretty limited.

   Not that a snapping turtle can't send you to the hospital (guilty)... it just won't run you down, bay at the moon, and tear your liver out while you scream for your Mommy. For all the nature-loving you see on the Discovery Channel, they know that Predators are where their bread is buttered- which is why you don't see more specials about squirrels and ducks.

   Ducks don't do things much differently than Komodo Dragons do- they eat, cruise around, rut, and sleep. It's just that when they eat, it tends to be grass or minnows. When a Komodo Dragon eats, the menu is pretty much a matter of what it feels like eating... you included.

   Let it be known that this is the kind of site where, after I mix my own humor in, the "monkey getting himself off" is the SECOND thing that I decided to edit out of this entry once my buzz wore off.

Some of these may be video links, and some may be graphic. Not all of these are violent, but I did enjoy a good surf at

A Welsh View: Nature

FORE!!!  [via]

 

 

 

7 lions vs. elephant.

 

This bear is on some straight-up Jackie chan sh** [via]

 

It's OK to laugh at people who get too close to wild animals, and I especially laughed as this dude takes good beating from these chimps.

 

RIBBIT!! [via]

Fat Cat

[via]

 

 

Above is a picture of a tiger cub popping it's head of the window of a Range Rover in Saudi Arabia.

 

 

In some Arizona zoo

 

Cow vs Dogs

'looks like the cow won. The site 

 


 

 bulls get their own back

 

A rare black squirrel ...

     

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A rare black squirrell?  Take a trip to the nation's capital, those bastards are all over the place.  They got themselves a little condescending attitude too.  I hate squirrels.  Of all colors.  

Seriously though ms. Monponsett the things you manage to find and share.  I didn't think you could outdo the exploding python let alone in less than a month.

YCS

Anonymous said...

You should see what I left out.... that sick eff has a picture of a rabbit humping a balloon.

Anonymous said...

very cute Mon!
How do you post allof those cute pictures? and are they from Nationla Geographic?
love,nat