Monday, October 22, 2007

Disturbing The Priest

 

Most of you don't know that I spent a lot of 2005 involved in Katrina relief work. During that time, I established a rapport with the Pastor of the Trinity Church in Covington, Louisiana. Here's the addy... http://www.trinitychurchonline.net/index.html

I (well...actually...Jamie Mottram and Bob Wooldridge) got him a FAT free radio ad played nationally on AOL, and I also got him some much-needed warehouse space. I aoperated a message board that helped people get in contact with missing family memebrs. I even housed refugees.

 Toot Toot my own horn, yes....

I have friends in Louisiana, and I was driven by that to become involved when Katrina basically smashed their hometown into wet kindling. They're fine, now... I spent a chunk of this summer visiting there, and they basically own a plantation. Pure Southern Luxury.

But I still keep in touch with Pastor Sprague....... we still trade emails now and then.... the motherlover works like a hungry immigrant, and God is lucky to have that man on  His side.

But I'm a bottom-line kind of girl.... and don't try to shove that soul-caging Eternal Reward stuff down my throat when I want something tangible.... so it's time call in Pastor Sprague's marker.

From the "Sent Mail" section of Monponsett's AOL account:

 

Pastor Sprague,  

You owe me...

I got you a free national radio ad during the greatest crisis your flock ever faced, as well as leaning on the guy who got you the warehouse space..... and, while some might not want to put the squeeze on a Pastor. I'm not above such things.   It's time to collect.  

At the next mass (or whatever you Southerners call it... I was drafted by the Catholics, myself) you preach.... and at every Mass afterwards until All Saints Day (unless there's a lot of rain in the New England area, which will lengthen the time needed) ... I want a public prayer for the Boston Red Sox to win the 2007 World Series. Don't play it for comedy, either... I want God listening seriously when you address Him.  

Now.. I know that there are souls to pray for, hungry to feed, poor to help along, and so forth... and that's all well and good. I know you've been working tirelessly helping out after Katrina, and I appreciate that (and I'm not alone).... but, like, all those people can wait a couple weeks, no?  

I mean... I'm trying to cover all the bases. I've spoken with a Muslim friend of mine who handles my illegal sports booking, and he assured me that he'd go to his Imam with my request. My attorney will be speaking to his Rabbi. I smoke a little grass now and then, so Buddha is covered. I live near Boston... which is essentially Dublin West....so I figure that the Catholics are already locked in. You're my Baptist.  

Now, stop all this clowning around with the Katrina victims and get to work. Don't make me have to come down there.  

- Stacey

 

 

Update.... Sprague works quick, I'll give him that:

 

 Stacey,  

You got it!!!!!!!!!!    

Everyone down here is for Boston! I don't know one person in the south who isn't cheering for the SOX. Honest.  

It's a done deal. Boston's got it. Even this old Orioles fan is sold out to the Sox this world series. Actually its anybody but the Yankees. Sox in 6 games.

We are even now.  

Sleep easy.  

- Pastor Michael

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!  The Pastor know who he's dealing with! Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

Did Pastor Mike have to stretch it out like he did? Faith and begorrah, my heart could have done without needing seven games to pull it off...

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I got to your request.  I shouldda known.  I hurt because of the way the Red Sox opened fire on the Rockies last night. They just could not get a grip literally. I don't know what I am going to do if they can't rally enough to keep from disgracing the west, and normally I would be rooting for the Red Sox.  Their game with the Yankees that year stands out in my mnd as the greatest most exciting baseball game I ever watched, except maybe the World series where the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees, but I thought 9/11 actually defeated them not the Diamondbacks.  They just took advantage of their numbed condition.  Gerry  

Anonymous said...

Dear Smurfette
great work that you ahve done I agree!
Keep that good ole' flag fying!
You are truly wooly a Great Person!
It sounds like the Reverend is doing better now thank to you.
love ya
natalie

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love you Smurfette!
love,nat