Wednesday, August 4, 2004

Goofy Baseball Cards

While failing to paste that Billy Ripken baseball card, I stumbled onto a cool site, which I plundered for this article.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/nyjeterfan1/funny.html

These are among the worst pictures ever taken of a human. Topps ©, Fleer © and Upper Deck © provided most of the cards, and I'll try to credit any others I use without permission.

 

John Kruk sat on his hand by accident...

 

 


 

2 sport guys...

 

 

Not that bad a shot, but Uke was a righty.....every now and then they do a reverse image shot, either by accident, or for the Hell of it.


Zip that fly, Hoss...

 

Boys will be boys...and chickens will be chickens.

 

 

Separating Job and Hobby....

 

I ain't battin' against nobody named "Big Unit"

 

Had these men killed their hairdressers, no jury would have convicted them.

 

A guy with those cheeks doesn't need a goofy bat.

 


This was the only AOL-acceptable photo taken of "Mammary Lane" night at Riverfront Stadium. 

 

Now, I'm gonna wet ya!

 

Not a lot of people know this, but Howard could throw a football through a mailbox at 70 yards. He merely chose to dominate a separate aspect of the game.


 

Griffey is such a cute lil' man/child, I want to cuddle him and spend his millions.

 

Damn, they moved the fences back again...

 

 

This is Jose Canseco's 2004 Miami Department of Public Works card.

 

Attire optional....

 

Notice Pedro putting the Bunny Ears on this poor soul.

will clark

My Second Job series by Topps

 

A play on his Wizard of Oz nickname...had this been made during the Osbourne's show reign, Smith would have been photographed in a chair drinking whiskey, and yelling at Sharon.

 

 

Men not to be fudged with...

 

Speak Softly....


 

Nothing like getting beaten up on a baseball card by someone who pitched to Yaz.

 

This picture was used as evidence in Clemens' assault trial.

 

I'm gonna kill my agent....

 

Annie Leibowitz did a series of cards for Upper Deck in 1993.

My God, Magnum....

 

Slide, slide, slippity slide....

 

1 ball, center pocket.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

  If I remember correctly, Topps gave us two looks at Claude Raymond's open fly. If "The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubble Gum Book" is still around a library (I've got the 30-year-old or so paperback at my folks' house), it's a classic.

Anonymous said...

They actually had both Claude shots on the site I pilfered that card from, but one ugly guy with his fly down is enough.

Anonymous said...

That Bill Ripken '89 Fleer card was so hot in my hometown of Vienna, VA that grown men would wait for the new shipment of Fleer boxes to arrive at 7-11 and buy the entire case.

Never has so much been wasted on so little...

Thanks for this amazing entry, Monpon. So fun for card collectors like myself who have a lot of these gathering dust back at my their parent's houses.

Anonymous said...

WOW -- I loved the BB Cards.  SO funny!

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate it if you host the baseball pictures on your own server.  I have a very limited amount of bandwidth that you are tapping into.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Anonymous said...

If the Uecker card above was reversed wouldn't it stand to reason that the STL on the cap would be reversed too?