Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Russian Nesting Doll Of A Woman, Storm Pics, and Bahk-street

   Manomet Beach, Plymouth, MA... not far from where the Pilgrims settled.

   I almost bought this house.... no joke... on Manomet Point. It was a 5 bedroom colonial, hardwood floors, 2 fireplaces, panoramic ocean views, nice schools, between Boston and the Cape... $40,000. No, I didn't miss a zero, and yes, this is Massachusetts.

   What the realtor didn't mention is that the house is right on the edge of a 100 foot cliff. Two of my steps off the porch... SPLASH!

   No insurance company will take it, and the local news sends a cameraman down for every storm- to catch it falling into the sea on video, for our enjoyment.

   Still... 40 grand is 40 grand.

 

   The blur on the left side of the picture is me getting SOAKED by a wave hitting the seawall 20 yards down. The term "downwind" applies to this situation, but I didn't figure it out until I had been puddled.

   Life is a tale told by an idiot, and occasionally photographed.

(Wednesday note: The cameras weren't there for a house..... some kid actually got killed bodysurfing at White Horse Beach.)

WHDH-TV - Boston - Coast Guard searching for man missing after body surfing

News Image

 

  

 

 

 Need to renew that laugh?

   These two pictures are of the same golfer, Christie Kerr. She dropped 80 pounds, once she started exercising.

   By the way... if you have to start exercising to lose 80 pounds WHILE you're playing as a pro... Golf is a hobby, not a sport.

 

 

 

   I've been directly insulted for the differences between the two pictures I've used between 1998 and 2005, but this is that whole next level (and sort of a reverse Me).

   I got a new hairdo and gained 20 pounds. This woman looks like she burst- Alien style- from the stomach of the fatter golfer. Simply put... you could make a third golfer from the excess fat drawn from Christie Kerr, 2002 or so.

   Christie was on the Today Show (see the benefits of me having cable?), and they showed her basic workout, which looks like that of a boxer. The slowly expanding Katie Couric no doubt passed this interview off to Matt Lauer. 

The best part about this interview was the way it was shoved in between:

- Uma Thurman's movie about banging a college kid

- a book push about why older men want to date younger women... conducted between Couric and 2 female authors who never once mentioned the words "better-looking."

Quote of the year, from Couric (who, I might add, is a millionaire widow):

"When you commit to dating younger men/women, you should essentially divide your age by two, and add 7."

 

If you need something even more stupiderish to laugh this stormy morning...

Two chinese kids lip synching backstreet boys. The best part is either the matching Yao Ming jerseys, or the guy- who seems completely oblivious to the mauling going on behind him- playing Counter Strike... It doesn't get more Chinese than that.

Yao Ming's No. 1 fans, from Lush Factor's page... may work better

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny, I pulled your journal up while I happened to be watching the Today Show and it was deja vu...  check my journal for the South Park guy.  :)  

Anonymous said...

Hita Monponsett! High Fives!
Monponsett qu'est que c'est que ca?
Either way Mon, she is one interesting woman!
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

I would love to be hiking/camping in weather like that. (assuming its not lightening of course). I remember canoeing once about 15 yrs or so ago and out of nowhere a 30 min downpour rained down on us about half way down the river. That was pure fun when your canoeing down a river and it's raining so hard you can't see 10 feet in front of you.

'SoUp

Anonymous said...

"Munponsett" is a Wampanoag word for "Island between the seas, and it referred to Monponsett Lakes, a twin lake system in Massachusetts. It is also the name of the surrounding village, and it was where I lived before I headed off to the Cape.

Anonymous said...

What a huge difference those photos are!!  I need that woman's workout.  I only have about 20 some pounds to drop but perhaps it could happen faster if I had that boxing routine.  Heck, does boxing the kids when the break things count?  I should be really in shape then...  I am so not buying a house on a coast ever ever ever.  But then, this is me talking after surviving 4 hurricanes.  Oh, and I did my once a year sports entry on Vinny Testaverde the other day if you want to pop in and comment - Lol!!  I am very interested in your take on the way he throws his passes.  I don't think it's just me.  I've been watching this dude for years and he really does throw differently.  Okay, well, just my opinion.  Hugs,
Lisa  

Anonymous said...

how did she lose that weight?  she lost a school kid in size!  nice beach shot, but you show me a house on the oceanfront for 40k and I'll show you some nice 5th avenue apartment for 50k.

 

Anonymous said...

The house was $40K (in 2000), but it was right on the edge of the cliff. The second photo was taken from the steps of the porch of that house- those trees are rooted about 10 feet down the hill.