Saturday, December 22, 2007

Dashing

I thought I'd share some of my favoritest Christmas songs with you before I head out to do Evil.

 

YouTube - PO' FOLKS CHRISTMAS / BILL ANDERSON... This is probably my favorite Christmas song... which is funny, because I'm not poor. I must have some poor ancestors, and this song must speak to some deep genetic soul I have that never quite forgets where it came from.

Yeah... probably not. That's why I'm not majoring in Psych or Bio.

 

MySpace.com - Done Lying Down - London, UK - Punk / Grunge / Indie - www.myspace.com/donelyingdown... On that page somewhere can be found "Christmas Shoplifting," which is also my favorite Christmas song. I love them all equally, you see.

 If you call WBCN in Boston and request this song on Christmas Eve, 'BCN program director Oedipus laughs and tells you that the guy who sings it is now a bartender in Allston. "I'm heading down there this week... he'll be thrilled that someone asked to hear it. It's been 10-15 years since someone last requested it."

 

YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Santa Claus Goes Straight To The Ghetto... "Santa Claus on the ceiling, Jack Frost chillin', pinch the Grinch for bein' a holiday villain." Probably the only Snoop Dogg song that old people will like.... We plan to test this on Solon Economics,or whoever that CCTimes old guy is.

Eazy E does a Christmas rap song as well, but his is XXX. Most of it is a hardcore version of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.""I used to believe in Saint Nick back when Elvis was alive/but all that BS got played when I was 5." We'll save that one for when we need it.

 

YouTube - All I Wanted was a Skateboard Super Deluxe... After hearing this song, I ceased buying sweaters for people... even my brother,who needs some. There is no bigger buzzkill than getting clothes when you want a toy.

Anyone reading this who actually knows me offline...I gladly accept sweaters, but they'd better be GOOD sweaters. Don't come at Nor'Easter Blues with that knitted-it-yourself looking  sh*t. 

 

YouTube - Christmas Lights - Peanuts Theme.. some dude synched his Christmas lights up to "Linus and Lucy," which isn't-but-sorta-is a Christmas song. The lights flash to the beat of the song, you see... no doubt to the continual delight of his neighbors, as well.

This was also the very first song I ever learned to play on my piano.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute santa pic :) ...I have dial up so I'm not going to  try and load the music..everytime I do it drags but I'm sure those are some cute songs that you picked. Happy caroling and Merry Christmas -Missy

Anonymous said...

Sorry-I took the journey to watch the vids the other day & hadn't gotten back to comment...I sent a link to my daughter to the Snoop Dogg -thought she'd get a kick out of it-she said that is sooo NOT snoop dogg-like 'I' know,LOL,ANYWAY...
Have A Happy ONE...
connie

Anonymous said...

These Christmas songs I am going to have to save until I have got the time to sit down and really listen and appreciate them, but they also sound up my alley.  Right now I need to go back to bed and take another little nap so I can function the day after Christmas!  I was too excited to sleep so got up at 4:30 am.  Why I am excited the day after Christmas I have not figured out yet.  But I will  Gerry

Anonymous said...

hoho yo!
love ya monponsett!
hope your holidays were royal!
hugs,nat