Thursday, March 27, 2008

Madness, Hillary, Faulkner, Ankle Breaking

My bets for today, after just eeking by in the initial rounds of the NCAA tournament.

 

North Carolina vs Washington State... North Carolina is giving 9, and I'd probably give them 19 if that was the line. Unless WSU somehow has been hiding a Sasquatch on their bench just for this moment, they don't get by UNC... or even near them.

West Virginia vs Xavier... The mountainous part of Virginia is the one point favorite, but I'm going for the X Men.

Louisville vs Tennessee... Louis is giving up three points... and while I do think tht they'll win, I think it will be in one of those last-shot gutwrenchers. Gimme Tenny!

Davidson vs Wisconsin.... Davidson has some freak of a scorer named Stephen Curry, but Wisconsin is big and mean. I'll take those 5 points and go with Cheesehead U.

Stanford vs Texas..... the Texicans are giving 2.5 points, and I'm buying.

Villanova vs Kansas..... Kansas is giving 12 filthy points, which is the big carrot dangled in front of today's more reckless gamblers. It worked on me, reeling me in like a big, fat bass.

Michigan State vs Memphis... Memphis is iller than an AIDS patient, and should triple that 4.5 point spread.

 

Meanwhile, in the Big Leagues.... the Celtics doled out some stepchild-worthy abuse on Shaq and the Phoenix Suns last night, in what was a very enjoyable game. If you want to see someone get sh*tted on, watch this 30 second clip...Rajon Rondo Freezes Steve Nash in the Lane - FanHouse - AOL Sports Blog

 

Hillary Wasn't Lying - CollegeHumor video.... I was going to vote for the Muslim guy until I saw how Hilly laid down the law in godforsaken Bosnia.

 

Miss Bimbo, virtual fashion game! - MissBimbo.com... I haven't played this yet, but I became aware of it through a protest article that appeared on AOL. Supposedly, the object is to "construct" the Überslut. You can accessorize by having your model vomit to lose weight, dress like a streetwalker, and get big implants that would make Hefner proud.

Granted, this is a Sports column.. but there are those who say that love is God's greatest game, and breast augmentation is fair play. As Stacey says, "there are two kinds of men in the world... men who love huge chests, and men who lie when you ask them if they like huge chests."

 

William Faulkner Mississippi Oslo Madison Square Garden Montreal Joe Louis York Rangers - SI Vault.... Ignore that screwy titled link... Just imagine the editorial brilliance of the man who thought... "Southerner... legendary author... has never seen hockey.... I wonder what would go through his head if we took him to a game?"

Turns out... a whole lotta bullshi*... but it's an interesting read, and it's only one page. Walk with a King for a while.

My favorite Faulkner line, from a non-hockey story.... He was invited to have dinner at the White House, perhaps with Eisenhower. He backed out, saying "It's too far to travel, and I hate crowds."

I think that he was teaching at Georgetown or Virginia at the time.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got through watching Xavier take it away from WV in overtime. They deserved this win.  (am a basketball fan from way back when my son Dan played high school varsity ball)  He is of course watching somewhere.  I plan to check Louisville and that other one very shortly, but didn't have it in me to watch another play by play tonight.  I was so impressed with Hillary when she said wouldn't you like to wake up to an experienced commander in cheif at the helm (me)  if someobody attacked us.  I thought no, I cannot imagine feeling safer with Hillary at the helm. And  I am afraid McCain is not going to remember who are our friends and will inadvertently attack some country we need to leave alone.  So guess the Muslim guy would be the safest in a very dangerous world!   Gerry  

Anonymous said...

That is one cute kid!