Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving In Duxbury

Due to some IRL, Elle and Abdullah will be handling the column for a while. You'll be in good hands.

Thanksgiving In Duxbury

 

Duxbury is a quaint little town, 40 miles SE of Boston. Not a lot goes on here, but it's pretty.

 

Notice lil' Brady out in front....

 

 

The Four Sisters Of White Birch...

 

Not to be outdone are the Reds...

 

 

Duxbury is a nice place to spend Thanksgiving, as it is one town north of Plymouth.

 

For more Pilgrim credibility, Duxbury was founded by Myles Standish.

Duxbury was founded by a guy.. no joke... for whom 1620s Plymouth had gotten just a little too crowded.

 

Sadly, the little beam doesn't light up when you get mail, not does it do a foghorn

.. though I suppose such a thing could be rigged by the right tradesman.

 

Although it may be better to have him rig it so that the Scarecrow brings your mail in for you.

Sadly, this feature is only offered in Oz.

 

Supper Time!

The irony with Comfort Foods is that I eat them until I am uncomfortably full.
 
Now... I'm just a kid... and the real author here is French... but we're talking turkey, squash, stuffing, spuds, rolls, cranberry sauce....washed down with root beer from a bottle.... and I added gravy and green beans after I pic'd the plate. It's tough to top that.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last one makes me wanna have Thanksgiving dinner all over again :) http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

Nice photos.  Love the scarecrow and the sister Birches. And yes and that red bush.  That is really a red bush.  What did you mean about the sports eidtion?  Have to come back and check.  You keep me up on Cape Cod so I hope you aren't going anywhere.  I know you will miss John Scalzi  Gerry http://journals.aol.com/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/  

Anonymous said...

dearest Smurfette,
What a beautiful entry! I had to come back and write about how much I enjoy it!
Hope you are well,
love,natalie