Sunday, June 4, 2006

Bet the farm on "Is Somehow Involved In An Amber Alert."

Marcus Vick

from Deadspin

 

Quarterback gets protection - The Boston Globe

 

   Why bet on the games themselves, when you can bet on a punk carjacking someone at a fast food joint ("Mac-Donald's was my spot... jack me one of them Nissan trucks.... right at the drive-thru! 'Ni**a, get the food, gimme the keys, and get the f*** out!' Straight jackin") ?

   Especially when it involves Marcus (brother of Michael) Vick, the miscreant black sheep brother of the probably-mortified Atlanta QB. Marcus is good for a headline every three months or so, enough that he now merits bookmaker odds.

   BetUS.com last week put the dollar ratios to MV2's career with the Miami Dolphins:

- 8 to 1 he'll get booted for brandishing a gun at the Dolphins' facility; -

- 5 to 1 he gets booted for serving alcohol to a minor;

- 4 to 1 he gets booted and enters a rehab center;

- 13 to 1 he gets booted and joins the WFL and plays for Amsterdam;

- 8 to 1 he gets booted and joins the CFL;

- 6 to 4 he gets fined/suspended/released for stomping an opponent;

- 22 to 1 he breaks his foot in his first appearance;

- 6 to 1 he starts a fight in his first NFL appearance.

   Note that this site has odds on the Apocalypse. While I didn't actually join the site and look into it, I'd advise betting on the option that leaves you alive to collect.

   I lost $50 of my teacher money when that earthquake that spawned theIndonesia tsunami failed to impact Iran. I had them at 7 to 1, and stood to make a vacation out of it.

Your Monday Photo Shoot: The Letter M

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say the missing girl story isn't true.  Check out this website for the full story.  http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/missing/ashleyflores.asp

Anonymous said...

Dearest beloved Monponsett
how weird is that guy?????
And double jeopardy, these weird gamblers have teh life sucked out of him before he's tried huh? what is that a new sport?
jees Mon I was hoping that anybody seems to care more about Indonesia than they do at the moment.It is really sad
love you natalie

Anonymous said...

Hey Smurfette
what are your vacation plans?
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

What you read here (and at Cape Cod Today) is pretty much all the "work" I do anymore.

Anonymous said...

Jasonlove-

Checked out and deleted. I actually smelled something fishy about that story when it was handed to me, but I figured I'd roll with it.

This page has been corrected by Scopes before. Someone once sent me some cool tornado/thunderstorm shots that were supposedly related to Katrina, but Magic Smokin' Joe steered me to the Snopes story that explained away the busllsh1p.

Either way, thanks for the tip, and the fake missing kid story has been deleted. I'd bitch about the kind of person who would do such a thing for a joke, except that I too tied it into Marcus Vick for mostly the same heartless reasons.